Tuesday, February 20, 1996

Movie Review: Happy Gilmore

I have never laughed at any movie so hard in my life!!!!! Adam Sandler is a comic genius. There is a catch though: you have to abandon all intelligence before the movie starts.

It truly is a very, very stupid film, but there are scenes in it that are just classic. I don't want to ruin it for you - I'll only tell you that Bob "The Price is Right" Barker is in probably the funniest sequence ever captured on film.

There is just some random crap thrown in that makes it seem like a live episode of the Simpsons: Funny things will occur for no reason. Bizarre characters, like this guy with a nail in his head (I'm not spoiling anything, 'cuz he's in the opening credits), impossible human feats.

My point, I guess: If you liked Billy Madison, you will LOVE Happy Gilmore. If you didn't like Billy Madison, you will ENJOY Happy Gilmore. If you HATED Billy Madison, you will probably HATE Happy Gilmore.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being best, I give Happy Gilmore an 8 -- it made me cry, I was laughing so hard.

Also, Carl "Apollo Creed" Weathers is in it.

Plus, people are mean to the elderly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment